Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate the ability to interact well with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner and offer assistance as needed.
- Greet and acknowledge guests quickly, mix and serve alcoholic beverages and non-alcoholic beverages according to specifications for guests in bar and dining room for servers. Serves bar food items for guests in bar and dining room for servers.
- Operate a cash register (equivalent), receive payment of cash, traveler checks and charges from guests and/or food and beverage servers, make change and issue receipts. Understand and follow TGI’s cash handling policy and procedure and maintain proper security of cash at all times.
- Inventory, stock, requisition and arrange bar supplies and glasses to make an attractive display. Special attention and sanitation and neatness as well as maintenance of bar area may be expected. Ensure proper food and beverage handling procedures are followed including wrapping, labeling, dating, stock rotating and checking temperature of products.
- Assists in reconciling and verifying the accuracy of transactions.
- Assists with a variety of bar related functions as needed.
- Receives inventory, moves and lifts food and beverage products and supplies.
- Maintain a solid knowledge of products, services and special promotions.
- Clean and stock bar area as needed, transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or cart.
- Clean and sanitize work station, glassware and equipment.
- Other duties as needed and required by Management.
- Must meet state minimum age for serving alcoholic beverages and have all certifications as required by state, city and local municipalities.
- Requires at least 1 year of closely related bartending experience, work experience in high volume or fast casual dining restaurant environment preferred.
- Requires knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits as well as their preparation and presentation keeping updated on new and revised beverage recipes.
- Position requires hands frequently immersed in water and water diluted with chemical solutions.
- Ensure that all quality and Health/Safety requirements are met in accordance with Federal, State, and Local standards.
Dependability: Is punctual. Can be relied upon to be at work according to schedule. Complies with policies regarding clocking in/out and use of breaks. Communicates schedule changes to appropriate supervisors.
- Uniform/Personal Appearance: Always dressed in complete uniform and presents a well-groomed appearance.
- Commitment: Shows initiative and follows through with tasks.
- Must be able to bend, twist and stand for extended periods to perform job functions.
- Must have the ability to lift and push objects weighing over 40 lbs.
- Requires the ability to speak in English clearly, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers.
- Follow the safety rules provided in the TGI Safety Manual along with other TGI policies and procedures.
- Report any safety hazards to management immediately.
This Application for Employment is intended for use in evaluating your qualifications for employment. This is not an employment contract. Please answer all questions completely and accurately. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, military reserve membership, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Additional testing for job-related skills and for use of illegal drugs or illegal substances may be required as a condition of employment. Please provide only requested information. Failure to do so may result in disqualification of your application.
A valid Social Security Card is required for employment with TGI.Back To Opportunities